Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Happy Hallowe'en

A teacher from Ryan's school told him today that she heard from a little birdy that there is nothing that I like about Hallowe'en. Hum...apparently my kids do listen to me sometimes =) Good thing she ended by saying she didn't like it either...phew! I'm not trying to be a scrooge, but seriously. A huge bag of candy that the kids ask about every waking second. And when they eat it, it's a lot crazier than normal, and my normal crazy is already crazy! Furthermore, when I went to school to teach phys-ed I asked random questions during the warm up (which I do everyday) and found out that a) 3/4 of the class ate candy for breakfast and b) 3/4 of the class had more than 2 bags full! Then I ask myself...why?
But when I do think of the good things, I can find them. For example, look how cute these little munchkins are!!! We have also started a tradition of inviting my brother and sister in law for dinner and then all heading out together. It's become a fun tradition. And of course interacting with neighbours that we don't usually interact with. Side note: It's funny to me. We warn our kids not to take from strangers, but on this particular day they are 'officially' allowed. But, if we keep it into prospective and think to ourselves that if we travel our streets long enough for this event, our neighbours will no longer be strangers and that's a great thought! So onward cute little trick or treaters! Introduce yourselves to those neighbours and invite them to be your new friend!
Brady transforms himself into a transformer.The Cat in the Hat lives on. You are not taking a picture of me in this ridiculous Horton Hears a Who costume! Fine! You can try to take a picture, but I am still not smiling. Forget more houses, I want my treats NOW! They keep asking if I'm a princess, and I keep telling them yes!Our nieces joining in the fun. Hopefully we'll see those new neighbours we met in the near future and will no longer be strangers!

No comments: