For the past three weeks we have been celebrating Kadan's 6th birthday. Seriously...is he really 6 already? I say this because Zachary is now wearing all of Kadan's clothes that he came with at 2 and perhaps it's just me, but secretly I'm having a hard time. I'm not sure if it's a hard time because Zachary is that big already or if it's because it seems like yesterday that Kadan came to us wearing these clothes. I've wrote this before, time is so precious, and I'm trying to enjoy every minute. And so we are trying to extend the birthday celebrations over a few weeks....what young child wouldn't love that?
A couple of weekends ago we celebrated with Grandpa and Grandma's family. On the 17th (his actual birthday) we celebrated with his foster family. The weekend following we celebrated with Opa and Oma's family, and this past weekend we celebrated with friends. How brave to invite 20 '6 year olds' to our house. What were we thinking? To top it off, I wasn't feeling well, so the fantastic husband that Ryan is, he took over the 'kid' party and did a great job! During all of these celebrations, Kadan has not only turned 6, but he really looks older as he also lost his first tooth! Here are a few pictures of the birthday boy and the fun he's had in the last couple of weeks.
A couple of weekends ago we celebrated with Grandpa and Grandma's family. On the 17th (his actual birthday) we celebrated with his foster family. The weekend following we celebrated with Opa and Oma's family, and this past weekend we celebrated with friends. How brave to invite 20 '6 year olds' to our house. What were we thinking? To top it off, I wasn't feeling well, so the fantastic husband that Ryan is, he took over the 'kid' party and did a great job! During all of these celebrations, Kadan has not only turned 6, but he really looks older as he also lost his first tooth! Here are a few pictures of the birthday boy and the fun he's had in the last couple of weeks.
Kadan shared his family birthday with Aunt Barbara and Nicholas. Look who decided that Aunt Barbara's gifts would look better on her.Perhaps now he will sleep in later than 6:00a.m. =)
Shared Birthday Cake. As Aunt Barbara says 'She always wanted a Buzz Lightyear cake.' Thanks for being a great sport Aunt Barbara! 
Such a six year old, and such a BOY!
I guess after a weekend of cake, another weekend of cupcakes, Kadan thought it would fun to have cinnamon buns. YUM!
What a great month of celebrations! Kadan, we are truly blessed to have you in our lives and thank God that he brought you to us!
Love, Mom and Dad

No comments:
Post a Comment