We have just returned from a second week of camping, and what a blessing it was! Not relaxing, but very fun! My mom said to us at Balsam (our first week of adventure) "You go camping for the kids, and the memories, not for relaxing." How true. I'm so ready for bed and a rest. The first week we went with extended family and had a fantastic time catching up, telling jokes, being the brunt of jokes and watching cousins interact. Great memories. From Balsam we headed to the Webster's cottage for our third annual "Van-swack-ster" weekend. We came home for 2 short days and headed out again to Sandbanks Provincial Park with the 6 of us. There are so many highlights, so I will try and share as much as I can through pictures.
Here I am...a month later and I think it will be super fun to reminisce as I post some pictures from camping, especially on this hot Fall day (Sept. 24th).
HA HA HA! Another few weeks later...and here it is October 7th. Is it really Thanksgiving in three days?
BALSAM
The beginning of our summer camping adventures. Our first week was with family which is always such a blessing. I love how all the cousins interact and love catching up on the 'deep' things that are happening in every one's lives. We did however miss the Weber family and really do hope that they can join us next year =) hint hint
This was our set up for the week. Our glorified playpen still makes me laugh.
This was pretty much the scene every morning. Kadan with his great strength gave all the younger ones a ride, up and down the road. We had a great set up. The roads that we were on were not busy at all, so the kids were loving the freedom of biking, walking, etc. and we had nothing to worry about.
We all laugh at my dad that he makes the same breakfast every morning. He's had this breakfast for probably 35 or more years. We all laugh, that is, until camping. Then we all enjoy as Opa treats us to bacon and eggs every morning. It's actually probably the only time the Swackhammer's eat bacon and eggs. Thanks Opa for making breakfast every morning.
We arrived at our campsite on Zachary and Abigail's 2nd birthday so the next day we started the day off with a birthday celebration...breakfast cupcakes. Oh, the anticipation!
That's enough waiting. Dig in!
Such a boy!
There was a downfall to Balsam. There was no where to buy scooped ice cream! Have no fear! Opa and Oma have a freezer with their new trailer! So we still got our ice cream. 
It was tricky timing, this camping trip. The first day the twins had a nap and then they were up until 11:00. So for the rest of the week we skipped naps. Perhaps they weren't quite ready...this is at dinner. 
Our first year camping with all of us, Madison (Mark and Jen's oldest) was the only child. We all ate dinner together every night under one dining tent. It was great! Now however, we don't all fit under one dining tent so we decided to all eat with our own families every night, but one. We had a potluck in the middle of the week which was priceless. So fun! 
Who can camp without making 'spider-dogs'? Is this thing ever going to be done?
Ta da!
While we were packing, we thought the pool might be fun for those long mornings when we were waiting for beach time. What a great idea! Although, then we couldn't keep them out of the water.
Nothing like teaching them young! "Look Mom! I can do my own laundry!" 
And we were off to the beach. We could not get Zachary out of the water. There were many afternoons his lips and fingers were blue! Proud Opa!
Many hours in the sand. Notice Zach in the background...still in the water.
Good times at the beach with Uncle Mark and Uncle Bryan.
The little joys in life.
The men watching the kids at the park. ha ha 
One of my favourite shots of the summer!
So cute!
From Balsam camping to a cottage weekend.



Daddy and Kadan decided to go together on the tube for Kadan's first time.
Oh dear! Where did he go?
Good buddies!
Thanks Uncle Steve, Aunt Elizabeth, Uncle Dave, and Aunt Sue for a fun weekend!
This was our view behind our trailer. The boys had a blast playing on this log for hours. We have a forest in our own back yard, but not with this special log!
What can I say?
On our way to the beach. Just looking at the pictures explains why this has become one of our top parks. I'll start you with our journey down the path. What great little helpers.

The boys were in heaven on the 'sand' mountains (as they called it).
I'm not getting dirty!
Just for fun! 
Brady in action!
Love this shot!
The boys: hard at work!
Success!
Brotherly love!
Seriously! This is why photographers get paid!
The best one out of many!
I am so grateful for holidays and so grateful for family and friends. So many memories that will not be forgotten!
Revenge.
VAN-SWACK-STER COTTAGE WEEKEND
I think this is the third annual cottage weekend. The Webster's bought a great cottage on the Severn River and each year we've been invited along with the Vanwyngaarden's (thus Van-Swack-Ster - all three names in one) to enjoy a fun weekend together. Traditionally, as soon as we get off the boat, the boys ask to go fishing. No, they didn't ask their mom because they knew what her answer would be! Good thing Aunt Elizabeth is a good sport to help out. No dock 'fall throughs' this year. Just great success at catching dinner. Kadan was very excited at his catch of the day!
This is serious business.
He's getting braver every year! Next year he won't need any help!
While the boys were fishing and while dad and Uncle Steve were taking apart the sea-doo, Rachel and I decided to try and canoe with 2 two year olds. Seriously, how hard can that be?
Not hard at all if you can get them both to sit the whole time so the canoe won't tip! They were SO hoping on shore to watch a canoe tipping show. Not this year guys!
This is the life!
Kadan decided it would be fun to push daddy off!
Who needs an adult on this thing? I can do this by myself.
SANDBANKS
I love this shot because it doesn't matter where Zach and Abby are, they love to mimic our sunglasses. I'm certain there is a picture of them (on a blog entry) on our way to Florida when they were 7 months, both with my glasses on. They just make me smile.
I love this shot because it doesn't matter where Zach and Abby are, they love to mimic our sunglasses. I'm certain there is a picture of them (on a blog entry) on our way to Florida when they were 7 months, both with my glasses on. They just make me smile.
Are we there YET? This better be worth it.
Are we really still in Ontario? Sure looks like the Carribean! 

Sandbanks has three major beaches which are all absolutely beautiful. We spent most of our time by the actual sandbanks (lots of shelter from the wind and very shallow water for the twins to enjoy) and the private beach (Ontario Carribean). These next pictures are by the sandbanks. Great history behind it all!
"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven:"
Ecclesiastes 3:1
I love the summer season and must admit I had a few hard reality moments getting back to school. But, I also know that there is a lot in store for the year to come and next summer will be here before I know it. Life is precious. Enjoy every minute.

No comments:
Post a Comment