Monday, December 21, 2015

Everyday Miracles

A couple of weeks ago, I had my purse stolen out of the van.  A bit my fault as I left it in there thinking I was going out again that night, but didn't, and then completely forgot about it.  It was long gone in the morning.  I found this out on my way out the door for work, and instead of being on my way to work Ryan and I had both cell phones and land line calling various places to cancel cards as the credit cards had already been used. Arg!  We cancelled all credit cards and gave warning to the bank. Unfortunately, I had a void cheque in my purse as well so it was recommended we close that account and open a new one (which requires many change of automatic credits and debits).  In my humble opinion however, this is not the biggest pain.  Replacing all ID (which is such a PAIN) and knowing that your ID is out there is such a queasy feeling.
In the midst of all this frustration, superhero Ryan kept putting things into perspective (he wasn't mad at all!!!).  He kept pointing to the den (where the kids were watching TV during this mayhem) and said 'Your treasure is not in the purse.....they are in there.  Our treasure it not in money!'  Man, what a testimony!
Throughout the day, at work (I did eventually get there), I continually prayed for grace, and knew we were graced abundantly.  I kept praying that all would work out.
We had an appointment at the bank to open our new account at 4:00 that same night.  Ryan said he was going home to get the Ipods for the kids so they were occupied while we were figuring all our banking out.  I asked him to check the messages in case there was a 'miracle'.  Sure enough, there was a note on the front door, from our neighbours 2 doors down, saying he had my purse at his house!  AMAZING!!!!  Every single thing in there except credit cards and bank cards (which were all cancelled).  Even the void cheque.  SOOOO relieved and so thankful for everyday miracles.  God is good!
In addition to all this, everything that the thieves charged to the cards has been removed.  Also thankful.
Lessons learned:  Never leave your purse in the van, even in your own driveway.  Believe in everyday miracles.

No comments: