
Christmas 2008...what a whirlwind, but what a blessing! A friend and fellow blogger wrote in her most recent blog that she
wished that she could bottle up the energy of her grandchildren and keep it for those less energetic days. I already predicted last summer that I would
so want to freeze time this Christmas season. I was right (am I not always - HA). What perfect ages and what a perfect time of life. A six year old, so grown up sometimes, yet so cuddly just when you need a hug. A 4 year old who runs down the stairs when he wakes up in the morning and can't get to us fast enough for his morning hug, and so many times tells us what to say. For example, when we were at Ryan's parents
Kadan was asking if he could wear his new shoes. The conversation went something like this.
Kadan, (as he was already putting on his shoes) "Can I put my new shoes on?" Before I could answer he then says "Say that's okay!" So I complied and said "That's okay." This sort of conversation happens on a regular basis at our house. We apparently put everyone into laughter and in tears. I proceeded to say that this is very common in our house and that he wasn't even thinking this was funny at all. Overhearing the conversation he then told everyone that this was not funny! How can one not want to bottle these moments up??? Then there are Zachary and Abigail. 5 months young, they sleep through the night, they smile when you need a smile. They chat up a storm, they are the greatest
cuddlers (I think I just made that word up), they are so alert and growing up too quickly!! Again, I agree with Glynis and just wish I could bottle all these memories, or just simply freeze time. Time is precious and so was this Christmas season. We started our week long festivities on Christmas Eve with our traditional Christmas Eve service, and then had a very yummy chocolate fondue with the
Seagren family. I've had chocolate fondues before, but this was the first one I had hosted. Here's hoping this also becomes tradition. What a blast. I have to admit that our children are so incredibly blessed with a few adopted grandparents. I think we have another adopted family.
Look at these two...they're naturals! I think they secretly hoped they would be fussy so they could hold them...it worked...they were fussy =)
On Christmas morning Brady and
Kadan were able to form the band they have been patiently waiting for.


It hasn't been quiet in this house since!
We then headed to Grandpa and Grandma's on Christmas Day. There was no doubt we were all spoiled.

One of Santa's Reindeer decided to stay back to join the party!
Grandpa and Grandma spoiled us again this year to a trip to Great Wolf Lodge. What a blast. The twins had their first sleep over at Opa and Oma's. I'm not going to lie. It was a bitter sweet moment for me. I was very excited to spend one on one time with the boys, yet leaving the twins behind was a bit difficult!
Kadan spent most of his time with Grandpa and Grandma on the play structure with the water guns.
If you look closely at this next picture you will see
Kadan at the bottom left shooting water at Grandpa (who is at the top right) and Grandpa trying hard to get back at
Kadan...this game went on for hours.

There's no way you're scoring Dad!

What a wonderful tradition. Again, time is precious. The boys were in their glory both in the water and spending time with Grandpa and Grandma. If you were there watching there would be no denying that Grandpa and Grandma were also in their glory! Thanks Grandpa and Grandma!
On Boxing Day we headed to Opa and Oma's. More precious time and more memories to be bottled. I love this next picture. Before we opened presents, Opa read a Christmas story that miraculously every grandchild listened to so intently. I say miraculously because presents awaited!!! How great it was to see them all snuggled up with Opa.
Opa and Oma's big gift was a new tent. There will be no room for raccoons in this new tent (the raccoons decided to rip a hole in their old tent and join them for snacks). They also got a grandchildren calendar (so did Grandpa and Grandma). Each month has pictures of the past year. I'm not sure who was more excited...them receiving it, or us giving it.
Madison and Sara got a dancing mat which was a big hit. Hum... I think these are the same three that were sitting on the dance floor all tuckered out at Uncle Cor's 65th party a few blogs ago. Look out for these 3 in their teenage years!
These holiday's tucker me out! I just noticed the label on the swing - Abigail is complete too =)
I think I can live with this girl for a couple of weeks in March when we head to sunny Florida.

All in all, Christmas was such a blessing and again I say I wish I could freeze time. We are so blessed with the family in our lives, the love, laughter, and fun that we all had. We look forward to many more Christmas' together. And hey, if Santa was really this cute, I think I may just have to start believing.
4 comments:
Great post Lori. Glad you had such a fun Christmas season . . . and so many blessings to share it with! Love all the pictures.
k
Great to read this update! I'm so glad you are ENJOYING this season of life and not just surviving it. You are my hero today.
This was a wonderful post Lori. That's why I always look so forward to the Christmas season. I cherish all the memories of my childhood, our children's childhood and now our grandchildren. And a special thanks for not showing any pictures of Grandma looking like a drowned rat at Great Wolf Lodge :)
I love it when I see and hear Moms and Dads cherishing the memories. Too many people today hustle on by and don't notice these precious days. Then they wake up one morning in a silent, empty house and wonder where the time went. Your children are very blessed to have you and Ryan as parents. Laugh, dance and seize the moments. xx
Post a Comment