Monday, April 7, 2008

Winter and Summer Fun - All in One

Winter Fun!
I'm not quite sure where time goes, and how in the world I will have time to breathe (let alone blog) with four kids! Now that winter is truly over (I hope) I can honestly say 'winter' and 'fun' in the same phrase. For those of you who know me well, I am just not a winter fan. But, one day just over a month ago we were visiting friends and went skating on their pond at the back. It was such a beautiful, picture perfect day! It was sunny and the perfect temperature. I think we were outside for over three hours! This was Brady's forth or fifth time skating and Kadan's second. Brady was already surprising us the first time he was on skates. I think he's a bit of a natural when it comes to athletics. We'll see when it's soccer season. This time he was already on his own, picking up hockey sticks and shooting pucks everywhere. Opa should be in his glory! The first time Kadan went skating he kept telling me his skates were broken which made me laugh hysterically. He kept saying 'they can't work mommy, they can't work'. So we borrowed double blades to put on the bottom of his boots. However, not letting himself be beat by his older brother he wanted nothing to do with the blades, and wanted to try his own skates again. To our great surprise he was 100% better than the first time. He had a bit of help mind you, but with the stroller, and a stool, and his parents helping, he did a superb job! Here are a few pictures of the latest Wayne Gretzky's.

These strollers sure come in handy for learning!

I can do it Daddy, I can do it!

Look out Opa! I'll catch up to you in no time!

Summer Fun!

Shortly after our 'Winter Fun' and the every lasting snow, we decided as a family that we were 'Done with Winter'. This became Kadan's new phrase for about a week before March Break when we last minute decided to head to Florida. The thoughts of Florida were up in the air for awhile because we weren't sure if we would have the proper documents from the final adoption. We were suppose to sign the final adoption papers in January. Once we sign, all of Brady and Kadan's documents go to the government to be changed, so we would neither have their birth documents or adoption documents, which meant we couldn't leave the country. But, we didn't sign until March, therefore still had their birth documents, and with a letter from CAS and their birth documents we had no troubles crossing the boarder! So off we went in the biggest snowstorm of the year, that Friday March 7th, determined not to let the weather keep us from enjoying some summer weather for a week. It took us about 6 hours longer than usual, but we made it! We stayed in Palm Coast with my cousin Krista for a week and had a great time biking, walking and playing at the beach, flying the kites and simply enjoying some much needed sunshine. We also enjoyed hanging out with Rich, Leslie, Chantal and Kyle. Brady couldn't get enough biking time in with his new buddy Kyle, and Kadan was Chantal's little shadow all week. She will make a fantastic babysitter some day! The boys were amazing in the van all way there. In fact, they were so well behaved, it didn't take us long to contemplate on the way back whether this really could be a possibility with 4 kids next year! I think we will decide when the time actually comes! Here are some pictures of the sunny south.



Don't worry dad, I can show you how to fly this thing.

After an hour of Rich and Ryan trying to fly this fancy kite so that it would be in the air to hand off to the kids, and after falling in the sand, and in the water because they were determined to get this thing up, Kadan showed them both up by simply standing there and letting the string go until the very end, flying the kite as high as it would go! Adults, you must leave these things to the pro's!

And for the latest update on our family...here are the two new additions that will be joining us in a short 19ish weeks! Watching them during the ultrasound was amazing. It is so incredible to see God's miracle already on the screen and that each child is 'fearfully and wonderfully made'.

2 comments:

The Carmodys said...

Great pictures Lori. The boys look to be enjoying both seasons! Those ultrasound pictures are also great! Super clear.

Nice to meet you and Kadan finally in person last week. Looking forward to following your journey to four! :) (and no, you won't have any time for blogging)

k

Mom and Dad Swackhammer said...

We were very pleased to see the pictures of Brady and Kadan skating. While Brady is following in Opa's footsteps, it is clear that Kadan is following in Grandpa's when it comes to skating.
We're thrilled to see the latest ultrasound. Thank you. I'm feeling guilty, though. I hope finding the time to post was not just because I said nothing had been happening in awhile :)