Just after our 5th Anniversary, we headed to Turkey Point with many friends and family. We started this tradition I think even before we were married. Actually I think this was a tradition we just fell into with a group of friends. Many people spend the Labour Day weekend trying to relax before the business of fall and routines, which we also did. But, I think I can speak for many teachers, we try to avoid anything that last summer weekend, so now we make our last hurrah the weekend before Labour Day. Our first excitement was joining the trailer 'club'. About a week before this last Hurrah, we were incredibly blessed with a gift of a tent trailer. YEAH!!! No tenting with 4 kids. It's no doubt an older tent trailer, but with a big tarp over head, it's perfect! Brady braved a tent with a friend. I mean braved because the first night we had a huge thunderstorm. I do cherish those rare times when our 7 year old still needs a safe cuddle. Kadan learned how to ride his two wheeler with no training wheels. And the twins?? At 13 months, and not quite walking, they both did a fantastic job getting filthy. It was a great weekend get-away and we look so forward to many camping trips next summer with our 'new' old trailer.
Our first camping trip and loving it already!
Who knew this rubbermaid could also be a bathtub.
Still a bit wobbly, but I'm getting it!
We hardly saw Brady all weekend, he was constantly riding enjoying every minute of it.
Come on Abby, you can do it!
All this camping makes me tired!

3 comments:
Was a fun weekend... next year we'll have to spend some more time together... walking babies will make camping MUCH easier too! Glad you got a trailer too! They are awesome... just to be off the ground... or not to have sand/dirt/wet in your bed is really nice.
Hi Lori
Nice to see your family pictures.
When I get stuff "out of chronological order" I first post it on the day that I make the post then later I go to "edit" and chage the "posting date" so it comes in at the right place on my blog.
Hey Lori...what a lovely time you must have had. Enjoy these precious moments. Life marches on oh so quickly. I hear you had a wonderful time in Tennessee. Can't wait to see the pictures! x (Love the rub a dub dub, Rubbermaid tub!)
Post a Comment