Thursday, November 6, 2008

Gifts

There are a couple of different gifts...the gifts (or talents) that people have and hopefully use, and the gifts that we give and receive from various people, perhaps to or from friends or family on a special occasion or perhaps from a distant person for whatever reason. Perhaps sometimes a gift is given 'just because'. Just because you are special, just because you are going through a rough time, just because you are you, just because you are having a bad day, just because I am thinking about you. I've been thinking about this and know that whatever the reason for a particular gift, a lot of thought goes into every one. About a week ago we received just that. An incredible gift that a lot of thought went into. We received a scrapbook that is all set up and ready for pictures. What an amazing gift! Who would have concluded that I don't have time to drink a cup of coffee let alone set aside time to start scrapbooking. As I opened the first page, my heart melted.
From A to Z. When we were in the hospital, the twins adopted grandparents joked with us that the names Abigail and Zachary simply was from A to Z, alpha and omega, beginning and end. How true. Not only did we try and pick meaningful names that meant so much to us (and them of course), but together they mean something too. God is faithful from beginning to end! As I turned the page I almost had tears in my eyes.
These 2 pages are entitled God's Perfect Timing and there is our story, from our blog that the creator of this scrapbook used. How brilliant! By the time I got to this page, I knew this girl was hired. What a great idea!
So to the Belec's, I just want to say a HUGE thank you for this absolutely beautiful gift, and to Amanda for spending the time making it. You have a great gift. I am not joking when I say that you are hired so please get prepared for the next book. I look so forward to putting pictures in and showing off this creative memory. If it was left to me, a simple album it would have been, at least until I actually had time for a cup of coffee. Thanks again!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm SO glad you like it Lori! I had a lot of fun doing it!! Oh, and I need to give credit where credit is due: The A to Z page...totally my parents' idea! They told me that and I instantly said THAT needed to be the title page! I'm just so happy you like it! And I hope you get that cup of coffee too!! Enjoy it!! :D

The Carmodys said...

Wow! Beautiful! What an incredibly thoughtful gift. Totally takes the pressure off of you to get that baby album together.

Enjoy that cup of coffee when you actually get to sit down and enjoy it.

k