We have an ongoing joke with friends about our youngest ones and wearing sleepers. Their youngest daughter of 4 wore many of sleepers her first few months of life, helping her not to grow up too quickly as she is the last baby in the family. Zachary and Abigail are also the last babies in our family, although we keep them in sleepers simply for survival =) Okay, I do admit it is also to keep them babies as long as possible too. But this past weekend as we headed out the door to celebrate the Swackhammer September birthday's we thought it was time to try on their first outfits. I'm not sure they could have been any cuter than they were, and as soon as they were dressed I told them their Aunt Jess would have been proud. So here they are, wearing their first outfits (don't worry, they've been in sleepers for the rest of the week).


On Sunday we celebrated the Timmerman September birthday's and on this second day of wearing 'real' outfits, we took a picture of Opa and Oma with all their grandchildren. Now, for those of you who have followed this awesome journey and blessing from God, and know that the first grandchild for Opa and Oma came into this world 2 and a half years ago, it truly is amazing to know that they now have 8 grandchildren in this short time. Okay, so it helps that the Swackhammer's had 4 children in just over a year =) It will be great fun explaining this story to all the kids as they grow up! I think this first picture of all 8 grandchildren is a keeper!
And for the next first. It could be real, or it could be from gas, but I do humbly believe that this could be the first smile.
We have one more first which is very exciting! This morning was Kadan's first day of school. All week I've been joking with him asking who he thought would cry first, him or his mom. He kept reassuring me that he was a big boy and he wasn't going to cry. I wasn't quite believing him because many Sunday mornings are filled with tears trying to go to Sunday school. But, he surprised me and hopped right onto that bus without a tear and with great excitement. Too bad the bus driver had to tell me it was okay to cry, and that she too cried when her kids went to school for the first time. It's very ironic because as teacher's Ryan and I would sort of chuckle at all the kindergarten parents that would leave crying in September as they left their children at school. I would have never dreamt that I would be one of those parents. Oh dear! (Sorry there is no picture, I was too busy crying)
3 comments:
Even though they're still so little, the outfits do somehow make them look older. So cute!
I love the picture of Oma and Opa with all eight grandchildren . . . they have they're hands full - literally.
Hey I recognize that good looking couple with the babies! What a quiver full on those 'get-togethers!' How blessed are we all to be able to celebrate families. It's good to dig out the photos (and the blogs) to do just that. How rich you are -Lori and Ryan- with your gorgeous clan. May your memories be plentiful and your restless nights - few. You inspire me. :)
It's been far too long since I caught up with your blog... and I only have two!
I loved the picture updates. The one of your parents with all the grandkids is such a treasure.
I'm a sleeper mom myself -- comfy cozy over stylin anyday. They're cute either way! And I'm with you on the smile vs. gas question -- for sure a smile!
Celebrating with you. The sleep will come -- I promise! (I'm finally there.)
Post a Comment