Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Weekend Getaway

This past weekend we got to venture up to the Webster's cottage. We are not planning to go many places this summer and staying close to home and more importantly staying close to the hospitals =) So we booked a summer getaway a little in advance. The boys had an awesome time despite a few mishaps. We arrived in great time on Friday night after school (cheating by taking the 407 - but sometimes the extra money is worth it with two kids). When we arrived both Brady and Kadan couldn't wait to get fishing. They have been trained well that this is not a mom sport and that they will have to find others who actually like fishing, baiting the hooks and catching the fish. Brady had remembered this from last year and had dad out as soon as possible. Perhaps a future career for both, since in the first few minutes they were well on their way!



Other then the fact that Kadan fell through the dock and got himself a little black eye, and had a very cold swim, it was a very successful fishing extravaganza! When Ryan brought him in wet and crying, I wasn't sure who was more scared, Kadan or daddy =)

On Saturday morning we all had great plans to sleep in of course. What better thing to do at the cottage! HA! What was I thinking with a 5 and 3 year old. We were up at normal time and apparently were attacked by mosquito's throughout the night because we all had quite a few bites, Kadan winning the competition. Now Kadan had a little black eye and many bites on his face. He was looking good! During the winter, the water raised so high that many owners lost their boat docks. Uncle Steve was one of them. So for much of the morning the men had their work cut out for them trying to get the dock back in place. Apparently not a one man job!


Saturday night the wind died down so we had a campfire. The boys loved their roasted marshmallows...and could not quite get enough! YUM!

On Sunday we hung out some more, played in the dirt and the beautiful sunshine and tried to soak in the rest of our weekend getaway! Apparently someone played so hard that sleep was a bit more important than supper.

To Kadan's defense, I do think he was also getting sick because on the way home he was crying quite a bit from an ear ache and yesterday he spent much of the afternoon sleeping as well.

Thanks Webster's for inviting us to the cottage!

Last weekend, the long weekend, we spent the weekend 'trading spaces'. We finally finished the piano room, trying to make it into a master bedroom. We used Starbuck's colours thinking that when the twins come we wouldn't be getting out for Starbuck's dates anymore so we would have to have the colours in our own house to enjoy =) So we moved downstairs which has been a big adjustment for me (not being on the same floor as the boys), and then the boys moved into our old room. It turned out great. Any visitor that comes to the house is directed by the boys to head straight to their room to see their new 'lego nook'. Finally, almost a year later, we have put up the beautiful quilt that Miss Konkin (Brady's teacher) had made for the boys last summer. She made an "I Spy" quilt which the boys love! Bryan made us a quilt holder and it is finally up to show off!

Thank you Miss Konkin for the love you have shown these two boys already!

And as for the twins...yesterday we had our 27ish week ultrasound. I am getting to know my way around that hospital! I actually had the same technician that told me the news 18 weeks ago, putting me into shock. So we reminisced at the shock and tears and both had good chuckle =) They are very active and doing well. The boy is 2.5 pounds and the girl is 2.4 pounds. They are both in the 50 percentile at this point in the pregnancy. They are also being very good listeners (perhaps this will lead into future listeners =) and are both facing head down which is great. So we will keep praying for health and strength. Some days I think I am still in disbelief over this whole thing! But I know they will be here before I know it! We continue to thank God for the many blessings He gives us each and every day!

1 comment:

The Timmermans said...

What a fun-filled weekend! I wish I was there! =)