Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Birthday!

For the past 2 weekends we have been celebrating Kadan's third birthday. Between the November 10th weekend and this past weekend he has officially had three parties. Not everyone who turns three gets three celebrations! Not to worry, when Brady turns six, we are not having six celebrations. Better yet when Ryan turns 34, we are also not having 34 celebrations =) On November 11th we had the honour of celebrating with the family who had fostered Kadan for almost 2 years! What a joy it is to have them still part of his life. There is not a week that goes by that he doesn't mention someone's name from this family. Here are a couple of pictures of him with his foster family. The birthday cake of choice did not surprise them...apple pie (his favourite).

This past weekend we went to Oma and Opa's on Saturday and Grandpa and Grandma's on Sunday. Here are some different pictures from both parties.

I think these gifts are bigger than I am!


I'm so glad that my Opa loved farming too.

Boxes make great chairs to converse about how these boy toys work.

LIGHTNING MCQUEEN!

Blowing out the candles is always better with help!



Shh..no one is looking...just making sure the icing is okay!


Kadan loves saying cheese and loves clicking the buttons on every one's camera. So, guess what he got for one of his gifts? A digital camera. Who would have dreamed that in the year 2007, three year old kids could take up photography? So, he clicks as you and I would, scans the screen as you and I would, and uploads to our computer...you guessed it...as you and I would. Fisher price technology these days! Here are some of his first pictures (after he learned which way to hold the camera in order not to keep taking pictures of his nose). The last picture, Brady joined in the fun of taking a picture of his feet. Krista, I hope you are ready to do some hiring!




We look forward to celebrating many more Kadan birthday's!

2 comments:

The Carmodys said...

Happy Birthday Kadan! May God continue to bless you.

k

The Timmermans said...

Yum-O!! The food looks delicious! And, it looks like you all had sooo much fun! I wish I was there to celebrate with you all! =)